Weight Room Coach Chris Kulesza graduated Saint Joseph High School in 2011 and went to Sacred Heart University to complete a Bachelors Degree in Exercise Science. After graduation, he worked in multiple private gyms and at Monmouth University for a year. In 2017, he came back to his alma mater with an idea to create a Strength and Conditioning program for the students. The idea was approved and a new weight room was built in 2018, The program is after school, five days a week and Coach Chris works with all sports teams. Students who do not play sports and want to learn weight lifting are also welcome. The program is based on teaching basic movements so every student has the same, safe, starting point. Athletes will be prepared for their college weight room after working with Chris.
Chris has multiple certifications:
- National Strength and Conditioning Association, CSCS (Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist)
- USAW Level 1 Weightlifting Coach: qualifies him to teach the Snatch and Clean and Jerk.
- Titleist Performance Institute Level 1 Coach: allows him to coach golfers
- Reflexive Performance Reset (RPR) Level 1: is a system of warm up drills aimed to fix compensation patterns/not efficient movement. A system that helps prevent injuries.
- American Red Cross First Aid and CPR